How To Tone Shoulders Fast (5 Great Toning Exercises)Monday, 23 July 2018
Even though your shoulders play an important role in almost every function of the upper body, it could be easy to forget to perform shoulder exercises.
However, keeping your upper body fit is way vital more than just achieving beautiful shoulders. But rather than rushing out to do hundreds of shoulder workouts, remember that a strong back is the basis of developing a strong core with a good posture. Overall workouts are key!
Wondering how to tone shoulders fast? If this something on your fitness to do list, worry no more because you are at the right place to fid out. This guide provides you with some of the best exercises to keep your shoulders fit, plus practicing them demands less time.
So, let’s jump right into it.
1. Chest Fly
Chest fly is a good exercise that tones the shoulders, the triceps, and the pectoral muscles as well. To perform the chest fly, you need a good bench to lie on when exercising. You will also need lighter dumbbells.
- Lay down on the bench with your head positioned to one end of the bench.
- Keep your elbows slightly bent and pointed out towards the sides and open them up like you are hugging a large object.
- Raise the dumbbells up and down repeatedly till you get to your desired number of repetitions.
2. Seated Dumbbell Press
This exercise will strengthen your entre shoulder muscle group. It allows easy movements on your upper body which activates your shoulder muscles. The exercise is especially suitable for people suffering from shoulder injuries since it does not stress out your shoulder joints.
- Select your preferred weight and seat in a comfortable upright position with your feet lying flat on the floor.
- Hold the dumbbells lengthwise at the level of the ears.
- Lift the weight up until your arms are almost straight.
- Return the dumbbells slowly to the level of the ears.
- Do this repeatedly to the required number of lifts.
3. Bent Over Dumbbell Row
The bent over dumbbell row targets the rear deltoid head which makes up deltoid/shoulder muscle and it is located in the back of your shoulders. This muscles also called posterior deltoid head plays a significant role in moving your shoulders. What the exercise does is that it develops strength and density spreading across the shoulder area.
- Lift the dumbbells and stand with your legs apart.
- Push back your hips and keep your knees slightly turned.
- Press your chest forward until it approaches parallel to the floor.
- Start holding the dumbbells lengthwise then pull them up by bending your elbows out to the side.
- Begin moving the weights slowly down without letting your chest collapse in, Repeat the same procedure till you hit your required target.
4. Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extension
This exercise aims at working out your triceps muscles to grow strong. The muscles are located in your shoulders and run all the way to your elbow joint through the back of the arm. Straightening them and making the strong will enable you to perform various tasks without feeling strained.
- Begin by standing with your feet hip distance apart with one dumbbell on your hands.
- Lift the dumbbell high to a level higher than your head until your arms are well stretched out straight.
- Lower the dumbbell behind your head slowly to avoid flaring your elbows excessively.
- With your arms in place throughout the exercise, bring the dumbbell back to the starting position and count this as 1 rep.
- Repeat the up to process for 10 to 12 reps.
5. Shoulder Cycles
You could also try the shoulder cycles. The shoulder cycles are one of the most effective exercises for women. It helps in toning the upper body mainly the shoulders. You can use slightly heavy dumbbells (but can easily be lifted).
- Stand straight with your legs apart and a dumbbell in each hand.
- Lift the weights up until they are parallel to the floor.
- Stretch your arms out and closer again. This makes one cycle.
- Repeat the steps till the required cycles.
Now that you have the steps on how to tone shoulders fast, it is up to you to put in the work!
Most of these exercises engage other muscles in your body such as abs and your arms muscles in general. However, when using the dumbbells, it is important to choose a weight that suits you. So, if you have shoulder problems, it is advisable to seek advice from a physical trainer first.