8 Little-Known Health Benefits of LemonFriday, 10 March 2017
We all know lemons are a popular fruit that is sometimes added as garnish to food and even make juices out of it. Lemons are exceptionally sour, but its unique taste makes it a natural source of sourness to compliment some of the foods we eat.
What many people do not know however is that lemons are packed with nutrients, including vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fibre.
1. Good for your skin. The antioxidants present in lemon help to not only decrease blemishes, but wrinkles too. It can also be applied to scars and age spots to reduce their appearance, and because it’s detoxifying your blood, lemon can help maintain your skin’s radiance.
2. It can aid in digestion. Lemon juice not only encourages healthy digestion by loosening toxins in your digestive tract, it helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, burping, and bloating.
3. A great source of Vitamin C that can give your immune system a boost. The level of vitamin C in your system is one of the first things to plummet when you’re stressed, which is why experts recommended popping extra vitamin C during especially stressful days. provides your body with energy when it enters your digestive tract, and it also helps reduce anxiety and depression.
4. Reduces inflammation. If you drink lemon water on a regular basis, it can decrease the acidity in your body, which is where disease states occur. It removes uric acid in your joints, which is one of the main causes of inflammation.
5. Help reduce blood sugar levels. The citrus bioflavonoids found in lemon significantly help reduce blood sugar levels. They can also help to manage blood sugar in other ways, such as how it is stored in the muscles and liver. This can really help in the case of diabetics and people with impaired blood sugar levels who need to control blood glucose levels.
6. Help prevent kidney stones. Diosmin is another antioxidant found in lemon have a positive effects on decreasing the incidence of kidney stones. helps to decrease urinary calcium and phosphorus in kidneys, as well as helping to increase urinary volume and serum calcium levels, all of which help to ease pressure on the kidneys and stop the development of stones.
7. Help in preventing weight gain. The polyphenols in lemon particularly targeted the white adipose tissue, which is the less beneficial kind of fat in our bodies. Adding lemon to our daily diet can reduces unwanted fat from developing.
8. Can reduce vision loss due to aging. The potent amount of Vitamin C in lemon can reduce age-related opacity of the eyes, which means it keeps vision clearer for longer.